Board of Governance
Boards of Faculties
1) There is a Board of Faculty for each Faculty which shall consist of:
- Dean of the Faculty (Convener)
- Professors and the Chairpersons in the Faculty
- Two teachers to be nominated by the Academic Council on the basis of their specialized knowledge of the subjects which, though not assigned to the Faculty, have in the opinion of the Academic Council, important bearing on the subjects assigned to the Faculty
- Two experts, in the field from outside the University to be appointed by the Board; and one member from amongst the officers of the University to be nominated by the Rector.
(2) The members other than ex-officio members of a Board of Faculty shall hold office for a term of three years and shall be eligible for re-appointment on the expiry of their term of office.
(3) The quorum for a meeting of a Board of Faculty shall be one half of the total number of members, a fraction being counted as one.
(4) A Board of Faculty, subject to the general control of the Board and Academic Council, may:
- Co-ordinate the teaching and research work in the subjects assigned to the Faculty
- Scrutinize the recommendations of a Board of Studies comprising a Faculty with regard to the appointment of paper setters and examiners for graduate and postgraduate examinations and to forward the panels of suitable paper setters and examiners for each examination to the Rector
- Consider any other academic matter relating to the Faculty and submit its report to the Academic Council
- Prepare a comprehensive annual report regarding the performance of each department or constituent college or institute comprising the Faculty for presentation to the Academic Council; and perform such other functions as may be prescribed.