Board of Governance
Boards of Studies
(1) There is a separate Board of Studies for each subject or a group of subjects as may be prescribed by Regulations.
(2) Each Board of Studies shall consist of:
- The Chairperson of the teaching department (Convener)
- All the teachers of the teaching department; and a maximum of three experts or teachers, other than University teachers, to be appointed by the Rector according to the need of each Board of Studies.
(3) The members other than ex-officio members of the Board of Studies shall hold office for a term of three years and shall be eligible for re-appointment on the expiry of their term of office.
(4) The quorum for a meeting of the Board of Studies shall be one-half of total number of members, a fraction being counted as one.
Functions of Boards of Studies.─ A Board of Studies shall perform the following functions:
- Advise the Authorities on all academic matters connected with instruction, publication, research and examination in the subject or subjects concerned
- Propose curricula and syllabi for all degree, diploma and certificate courses in the subject or subjects concerned
- Suggest a panel of names of paper setters and examiners in the subject or subjects concerned; and undertake such other functions as may be prescribed by Regulations.