Board of Governance
Board of Advanced Studies and Research
1) The Board of Advanced Studies and Research shall consist of:
- Rector (Convener)
- All Deans
- All Principals and Directors of constituent colleges and institutes.
- Controller of Examinations
- One University Professor from each Faculty other than Dean to be nominated by the Academic Council
- Three members from the relevant field, research organizations and Government, to be nominated by the Board
- One member from amongst the officers of the University to be nominated by the Rector; and
- Registrar (Secretary)
(2) The members other than ex-officio members of the Board of Advanced Studies shall hold office for a term of three years and shall be eligible for re-appointment on the expiry of their term of office.
(3) The quorum for a meeting of the Board of Advanced Studies and Research shall be one half of the total number of members, a fraction being counted as one.
Functions of the Board of Advanced Studies and Research: The Board of Advanced Studies and Research shall:
- Advise an Authority on all matters connected with the promotion of advanced studies and research publication in the University
- Consider and report to an Authority with regard to a research degree of the University
- Propose regulations regarding the award of a research degree
- Appoint supervisors for a postgraduate research student and to approve title and synopsis of a thesis or dissertation
- Recommend panels of names of examiners for evaluation of a research examination; and perform such other functions as may be prescribed by the Regulations.