The Civil Engineering Technology (BSc) is an undergraduate degree program offered at The University of Chenab, Gujrat. It aims to develop skills that lead towards experiential learning of the fundamental principles of design, analysis, construction, installation, safety, sustainability, operation, and maintenance of buildings and other infrastructure systems essential to our modern society.
It is a full-time, four years degree giving you the chance to make active use of computer software and other innovative digital technologies like 3D printing, smart structures, Building Information Modeling Software, and SCIA Engineering to move construction to 5D or 7D dimensions.
With its dual emphasis on science and engineering, this course will enable our students to become acquainted with building engineering systems, structures, and technologies needed in the dynamic field of construction, infrastructure, and project management. This will enhance the quality of your professional skills required in team working, decision making, problem-solving, and engineering economics.
As a civil technologist, you can expect a variety of job opportunities in engineering design and development, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, water resources engineering, site development, construction management, and the areas of environmental regulation.
Our Civil Engineering Technology modules are indicative of a wide range of courses. These modules provides you an opportunity to encounter a vast range of various engineering programs before your specialization. The program structure offers a flexible mixture of core/compulsory and optional modules. Through the optional module, you have a choice to spend an extra year in a research exchange program, which will help you throughout your career.
The Complete detail of the Civil Engineering Technology (BSc) Program structure and its distribution of credits among various components of the Program are discussed below.
We use various methods of teachings through classroom activities including a combination of lectures, tutorials, lab sessions, seminars, workshops, online learning, and independent study.
Along with it, there will be many field trips to construction sites, factories, railways, and other projects of infrastructure building.
This program structure is comprised of a total number of thirty to thirty-two lectures and about 2-3 hours per week will be allocated for teaching that includes 58% practical and 42% theory. You will be guided al about the studies, mainly about time for preparing classes, completion of research projects, and reading of primary texts.
Mainly evaluation will be concluded by extensive monitoring of written examination and course work completion along with routine quizzes, individual assignments, and group tasks such as writing, research and presentation.
The minimum duration for completion of a Civil Engineering Technology (BSc) degree is four years.
Before applying for a degree, you should first check that we recognize your higher secondary/tertiary education qualification. This can include:
- Pakistani Based Examinations: Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry or Computer Science and Mathematics or three years Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) in Civil, Architecture, Land and Mine Surveying, Environmental Engineering, Construction, or Civil Technology with any Specialization.
- British System: GCE A Level with & Physics or Electronics or Engineering, Chemistry, and any of following subjects Further Mathematics/Pure Mathematics/Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (DP) from external Examining body Geneva, Switzerland with five subjects (including English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- You still can be admitted if you have passed additional deficiency courses prescribed by the relevant faculty.
- 50% marks are required in all cases described above.
- Equivalence Certificate for A-Level/IB and other qualification holders from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Admission test administered by the university.
Civil Technology effects our infrastructure and physical status in various aspects. The main objective of a civil technologist is to plan, construct and retain the infrastructures in the best physical shape in our society. These infrastructures include railways, tunnels, airports, highways, skyscrapers, and various mass transit projects. It is among the most established and opportunity
Generating technology disciplines:
Some of Major Employers in the field of civil engineering technology are under mentioned.
- National Engineering Services Pakistan (state-owned enterprise)
- Housing Urban Development & Public Health Engineering Department, Govt. of Punjab, Pakistan
- Local Government and Community Development, Govt. of Punjab Pakistan
- Planning and Development, Govt. of Punjab Pakistan
- National Disaster Management Authority, Govt. of Pakistan
- Pakistan Environmental Protection Agency, Govt. of Pakistan
- Pakistan Horticulture Development and Export Company
- Other Federal and Provincial Government agencies
- Other Private Institutions
Instead of working as an engineer, you may opt other duties such as
- Statisticians, economists, and actuaries
- Business and its related professional.
- Assessors, estimators, and values
- Advisors, investment analyst, and finance
- Manufacturing directors and production managers.
Helping you find the right career
We have the facilities of devoted career counselors who help you to select your career choices and assist you in preparing for various recruitment programs. You can also be a part of career fest programs which are an interactive session with the recruiters so, you can understand their requirements and recruitment criteria.
For clearing any ambiguities visit Office of student affairs, The University of Chenab, Gujrat.
Mainly tuition fees majorly covers our study cost, which includes assessment and teaching. Advanced fees are taken before the academic semester. If the university takes fees directly then you can choose the installment methods to pay your fees.
Additional course costs
You may be charged an extra cost of additional things such as books, stationery, recreational and study trips, and other materials.
|Courses||CrdHrs||Tuition Fee/CrdHr||Tuition Fee/Semester||Enrollment Fee (500 per Course)||Examination Fee (500 per Course)||Medical Diagnostic Charges (500 per Semester||Societies & Club Fee(2500 per Semester)||Total Fee For Semester|
|35||137||Total Semesters Fee||633,700|
We offer several fully and partially funded undergraduate scholarships to full-time undergraduate students. Visit Funding Policy for further queries.
The department has been established with the vision to promote a supportive and professional environment that may produce such well-trained civil technologists who make valuable contributions at the national, as well as international level in building engineering systems, structures, and technologies needed in the dynamic field of construction, infrastructure, and project management.
We believe in providing quality education and practical training to ensure that our graduates are highly prepared to excel at competitive positions in the market to fulfill the needs of a sustainable built environment. Keeping in view the modern emerging society, we assure a purposeful academic life at our department to sharpen critical thinking and development of skills to enhance the ability of graduates to conceptualize infrastructural problems and apply engineering tools to solve them. The department encourages the graduates to participate in the construction projects and provides them with state-of-the-art facilities and directions of highly certified and competent faculty.
It has a special focus to endow graduates with advanced engineering and technological skills needed to design, analyze, construct, install, operate, maintain, sustain, or rebuild the buildings or other infrastructure systems. Moreover, our department offers a leading-edge combination of an interdisciplinary approach to theoretical and professional training needed for a successful academic and research career. To promote an environment of conducive learning, the department has favored Outcome-Based Assessment (OBA) and Outcome Based Education (OBE) as a model scheme of study recommended by the National Technology Council.
We are currently offering a course at undergraduate taught level, as under mentioned:
Peaceful ambience, agile teaching as well as non-teaching staff, and a disciplined yet enjoyable and motivating atmosphere. Welcome to the University of Chenab. We produce professionals who are adept in their disciplines. Our institution is not only concerned with grades and education, but also take care of mental well-being of our students.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab represents excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creativity and engagement. Its mission is to produce professionals outfitted with the highest standards in creativity, transfer and application of knowledge dissemination to address issues of our time.
The UChenab sculpts its graduates to become future leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and to advance ideas that benefit the world.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab, Gujrat aspires to become a nationally and internationally recognized university that distinguishes itself as an embedding center for outstanding ethical and moral values, teaching quality, learning outcomes, and richness of the student experience.
The University of Chenab, Gujrat envisions a transformative impact on society through its continual innovation in education, creativity, research, and entrepreneurship.
- Visit (Website link admission tab) and search your respective course and department on this website.
- Check the admission criteria and learn about the eligibility criteria of your selected course.
- If you are confused about the fee structure visit our fee guide at (link)
- To search more about the campus and studies visit other events and tabs to learn about the latest news and events.
- Still if there are any ambiguities then contact our admission office.
- Search the page and select your course scroll to the menu and click on and option ‘Apply.’
- Fill the online application form with the required attachments.
- After the form is submitted then you’ll receive a confirmation email. Confirm your application which is then processed forward.
- After the acceptance of the online registration a date and time is allocated for an in-campus test.
- You must bring your original attested documents on your test day.
Results And Enrolment
- After sometimes the results are out so constantly check your email for the notification.
- Visit the campus for enrolment.
- After the enrolment attend your orientation day as it is an interactive session among students and the faculty.
- Then, receive your timetable.
- Finally, start a new step of your carrier.