Master of Science in Software Engineering is a two year degree particularly oriented to inculcate among the students an understanding of recent advanced methods and technologies in distributed software systems. It is a unique program with an overall objective to impart a comprehensive knowledge of designing, development, and analysis of software through effective engineering practices.
This advanced-level graduate research program emphasizes a rigorous foundation in technical tools and techniques necessary for providing creative solutions to complex computing problems. Through this course, our graduates will engage in active learning by balancing theoretical and applied knowledge of software engineering.
Our MS in Software Engineering will equip you with the expertise to develop software products and services through software engineering methods. The main objective is to develop fundamental knowledge, skills, and first-hand experience in software project management, reliability engineering, software testing, software measurements, and software risk management.
While studying software engineering, the opportunities for graduates to start their professional careers are extensive. There is a huge demand for software engineers in small and large corporations, industries, and in the fields of banking, education, and government. With specialization, you will have an option to pursue a career in research or continued studies towards a doctoral degree.
The proposed modules will be applied within a time span of 4 semesters. You can also spend an additional year in research exchange program which is important to gain more experience which will aid throughout the professional life. Generally, such graduate programs are based on a strong core of fundamental ideas and a vast range of choices about the remaining coursework.
We use various methods of teachings through classroom activities including a combination of lectures, tutorials, lab sessions, seminars, workshops, online learning, and independent study. This program structure is comprised of a total number of thirty to thirty-two lectures and about 3 hours per week will be allocated for teaching that includes 58% practical and 42% theory. You will be guided al about the studies, mainly about time for preparing classes, completion of research projects, and reading of primary texts.
This program has vast canvas of following specialization areas.
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cyber Security
- Computer Networking
- Mobile Application Development
- Web Application Development
Mainly evaluation will be concluded by extensive monitoring of written examination and course work completion along with routine quizzes, individual assignments, and group tasks such as writing, research and presentation.
The least allocated duration for completion of MS degree program is about 2 years. And the maximum duration for completion on MS degree program is 4 years allocated by HEC.
Before applying for a degree, you should first check that we recognize your undergraduate education qualification. This can include:
- Level 6 – Bachelor (Hons) [8-10 semesters with 124-140+ Credits Hours] in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer System Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics and Statistical Sciences, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Software Project Management or any relevant subject.
- Level 6 – MA/MSc (16 years) in relevant subject described above.
- The following core courses are recommended to be completed before entering the program. 1. Human Computer Interaction 2. Software Construction & Development 3. Software Design & Architecture 4. Software Project Management 5. Software Quality Engineering 6. Software Re-Engineering 7. Software Requirements Engineering 8. Web Engineering
- Minimum 2.0/4.0 CGPA in semester system or 60% in annual system examination are required.
Our graduates can apply their computing skills and gain experience in the following jobs:
- Software Engineer
- Web Developer
- IT Consultant
- Application Developer
- Multimedia Programmer
- Chief Technology Officer
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Project Manager
Helping you find the right career
We have the facilities of devoted career counselors who help you to select your career choices and assist you in preparing for various recruitment programs. You can also be a part of career fest programs which are an interactive session with the recruiters so, you can understand their requirements and recruitment criteria.
For clearing any ambiguities visit Office of student affairs, The University of Chenab, Gujrat.
Tuition fees is the majority of the cost of you degree program. The University of Chenab charges the fess in the beginning of the academic year. You can also pay your fees in installments to the university.
Additional course costs
Some extra cost is charged because of the additional services such as books, stationery and other materials provided.
|Courses||CrdHrs||Tuition Fee/CrdHr||Tuition Fee/Semester||Enrollment Fee (500 per Course)||Examination Fee (500 per Course)||Medical Diagnostic Charges (500 per Semester||Societies & Club Fee(2500 per Semester)||Total Fee For Semester|
Total Semesters Fee
Registration Fee (payable once – Non Refundable)
MS thesis evaluation fee is 25000.
We award numerous postgraduate scholarships to students. Moreover, some external organizations also support the funding programs which in terms increase the net amount of scholarships.
To be an international partner in computing education, research and development with our graduates impacting the society as computing professionals and entrepreneurs demonstrating professional integrity and leadership.
- To produce best quality Computer Science & IT professionals and researchers by providing state-of-the-art training, hands on experience, and healthy research environment.
- To collaborate with industry and academia around the globe for achieving quality technical education and excellence in research through active participation of all the stakeholders.
- To promote academic growth by establishing Center of Excellences and offering inter-disciplinary postgraduate and doctoral programs.
- To establish and maintain an effective operational environment and deliver quality, prompt, cost effective and reliable technology services to the society as well as compliment the local and global economic goals.
Ashraf, Z., Mahmood, Z., & Iqbal, M. (2023). Lightweight Privacy-Preserving Remote User Authentication and Key Agreement Protocol for Next-Generation IoT-Based Smart Healthcare. Future Internet, 15(12), 386.
Ashraf, Z., Sohail, A., & Yousaf, M. (2023). Lightweight and authentic symmetric session key cryptosystem for client–server mobile communication. The Journal of Supercomputing, 1-25.
Ashraf, Z., Sohail, A., & Yousaf, M. (2023). Robust and lightweight symmetric key exchange algorithm for next-generation IoE. Internet of Things, 22, 100703.
Ashraf, Z., Sohail, A., Latif, S. A., Pitafi, A. H., & Malik, M. Y. (2023). Challenges and Mitigation Strategies for Transition from IPv4 Network to Virtualized Next-Generation IPv6 Network. Int. Arab J. Inf. Technol., 20(1), 78-91.
Butt, U. M., Arif, R., Letchmunan, S., Malik, B. H., & Butt, M. A. (2023). Feature Enhanced Stacked Auto Encoder for Diseases Detection in Brain MRI. Computers, Materials & Continua, 76(2).
Ikram, A., Butt, M. A., & Tariq, I. (2023). Comparative Analysis of Regression Algorithms used to Predict the Sales of Big Marts. Journal of Innovative Computing and Emerging Technologies, 3(1).
Butt, M. A., Danjuma, S., Ilyas, M. S. B., Butt, U. M., Shahid, M., & Tariq, I. (2023). Demand Prediction on Bike Sharing Data Using Regression Analysis Approach. Journal of Innovative Computing and Emerging Technologies, 3(1).
Butt, U. M., Ullah, H. A., Letchmunan, S., Tariq, I., Hassan, F. H., & Koh, T. W. (2023). Leveraging Transfer Learning for Spatio-Temporal Human Activity Recognition from Video Sequences. Computers, Materials & Continua, 74(3).
Butt, U. M., Letchmunan, S., Hassan, F. H., & Koh, T. W. (2022). Hybrid of deep learning and exponential smoothing for enhancing crime forecasting accuracy. Plos one, 17(9), e0274172.
Baig, R., Rehman, A., Almuhaimeed, A., Alzahrani, A., & Rauf, H. T. (2022). Detecting malignant leukemia cells using microscopic blood smear images: a deep learning approach. Applied Sciences, 12(13), 6317.
Fatima, M., Rextin, A., Nasim, M., & Yusuf, O. (2022, October). Digital Information Seeking and Sharing Behaviour During the COVID-19 Pandemic in Pakistan. In Multidisciplinary International Symposium on Disinformation in Open Online Media (pp. 44-62). Cham: Springer International Publishing.
Department of computer science has built strong linkage with industry and signed various MOUs with different software houses for jobs and internships.
Recently the University of Chenab has signed MOUs with following software houses.
- Techno Verse
- Twin Spider
- Dev Valley
- Cipher Coders
- Soft Pin
- Huawei ICT Academy
- Gujrat Chamber of Commerce and Industries
Peaceful ambience, agile teaching as well as non-teaching staff, and a disciplined yet enjoyable and motivating atmosphere. Welcome to the University of Chenab. We produce professionals who are adept in their disciplines. Our institution is not only concerned with grades and education, but also take care of mental well-being of our students.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab represents excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creativity and engagement. Its mission is to produce professionals outfitted with the highest standards in creativity, transfer and application of knowledge dissemination to address issues of our time.
The UChenab sculpts its graduates to become future leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and to advance ideas that benefit the world.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab, Gujrat aspires to become a nationally and internationally recognized university that distinguishes itself as an embedding center for outstanding ethical and moral values, teaching quality, learning outcomes, and richness of the student experience.
The University of Chenab, Gujrat envisions a transformative impact on society through its continual innovation in education, creativity, research, and entrepreneurship.
- Visit (Website link admission tab) and search your respective course and department on this website.
- Check the admission criteria and learn about the eligibility criteria of your selected course.
- If you are confused about the fee structure visit our fee guide at (link)
- To search more about the campus and studies visit other events and tabs to learn about the latest news and events.
- Still if there are any ambiguities then contact our admission office.
- Search the page and select your course scroll to the menu and click on and option ‘Apply.’
- Fill the online application form with the required attachments.
- After the form is submitted then you’ll receive a confirmation email. Confirm your application which is then processed forward.
- After the acceptance of the online registration a date and time is allocated for an in-campus test.
- You must bring your original attested documents on your test day.
Results And Enrolment
- After sometimes the results are out so constantly check your email for the notification.
- Visit the campus for enrolment.
- After the enrolment attend your orientation day as it is an interactive session among students and the faculty.
- Then, receive your timetable.
- Finally, start a new step of your carrier.