- Computer Sciences (MS)
2 Years (4 Terms)
Computer Sciences (MS)
23rd October, 2023
Master of Science in Computer Science at the University of Chenab is an advanced-level graduate research degree program for technically-minded students who aim to conduct research-related activities in computer science fundamentals.
Our Master’s degree is a full-time, two years program that provides a comprehensive knowledge of coursework as well as a research component. It aims at strengthening the understanding of students for constructing computer programs including key technologies and skills needed for strong theoretical foundations and the practical ability to develop systems and products.
This course is particularly designed to give you an insight into different areas of computer science, which includes computer security, machine learning, internet protocols, networks, artificial intelligence, advanced algorithms, Scientific computing, software technology, data science, theoretical computer science as well as the research methodology.
While studying with us, you can pursue careers at the frontline of modern software technologies in leading software houses, commercial sectors, or for working at advanced technology companies. With specialization, you will also be prepared for a career in research or continued studies towards a doctoral degree.
This degree will help you to understand and grasp deep knowledge of user experience and computer interactions, information security management, data mining, cognitive neural networks, object-oriented programming, and web-based information system developments.
Our computer science modules are indicative of a wide range of courses with the possibility to specialize in different subjects. The course structure offers a flexible mixture of core/compulsory and optional modules. Though students may get an option to add an additional year in research exchange program which enhances their knowledge and help them in future.
The proposed modules are assured to build a unified breadth and deep rooted curriculum just to keep in mind that similar aspects of potential areas in CS are covered completely. The Masters in CS provides all the basic knowledge to advance in the field of computer sciences in future. Moreover, graduate programs are based on prevailing foundation of fundamental components and vast range of choices of coursework.
Some additional important huge aspects could be added to the specialization list according to the resources available to the university. A student also have a choice to select either an MS thesis 6 credit hours or a 3 credit hour course and separate 3 credit hour MS project.
In MSCS we use various methods of teachings through classroom activities including a combination of lectures, tutorials, lab sessions, seminars, workshops, online learning, and independent study.
This program structure is comprised of a total number of thirty to thirty-two lectures and about 2-3 hours per week will be allocated for teaching. You will be guided al about the studies, mainly about time for preparing classes, completion of research projects, and reading of primary texts. This program is taught in an appropriately positive learning environment for quality composing work to take place.
Our Computer Science (MS-CS) degree is undertaken in a better, more open, and more connected environment to keep more students engaged in a classroom.
Mainly evaluation will be concluded by extensive monitoring of written examination and course work completion along with routine quizzes, individual assignments, and group tasks such as writing, research and presentation.
The minimum duration for completion of an MS degree is Two years. As allowed by HEC, it can be completed in a maximum period of four years.
Before applying for a degree, you should first check that we recognize your undergraduate education qualification. This can include:
- Level 6 – Bachelor (Hons) [8-10 semesters with 124-140+ Credits Hours] in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer System Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Technology, Mathematics and Statistical Sciences, Information Technology, BioMedical Engineering, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Networks, Software Project Management, Information Security or any other relevant subject.
- Level 6 – MA/MSc (16 years) in relevant subject described above.
- The following core courses are recommended to be completed before entering the program. 1. Analysis of Algorithms 2. Assembly Lang. / Computer Architecture 3. Computer Networks 4. Computer Programming 5. Data Structures 6. Database Systems 7. Operating Systems 8. Software Engineering 9. Theory of Automata
- A student selected for admission having deficiency in the above stated courses may be required to study a maximum of FOUR courses, which must be passed in the first two semesters. Deficiency courses shall be determined by the Graduate Studies Committee, before admitting the student. A student cannot register in MS courses, unless all specified deficiency courses have been passed. A student has the option to pursue MS by undertaking either a 6-credit hour MS Thesis OR a three-credit hour taught course and a three credit-hour MS Project.
- Minimum 2.0/4.0 CGPA in semester system or 60% in annual system examination are required.
- Graduates from this course can have high-profile careers as:
Programmers and software development professionals
- Consultants and Business analysts
- System Designers
- IT consultant
- Data analyst
- Game developer
Helping you find the right career
We have the facilities of devoted career counselors who help you to select your career choices and assist you in preparing for various recruitment programs. You can also be a part of career fest programs which are an interactive session with the recruiters so, you can understand their requirements and recruitment criteria.
For clearing any ambiguities visit Office of student affairs, The University of Chenab, Gujrat.
Mainly tuition fees majorly covers our study cost, which includes assessment and teaching. Advanced fees are taken before the academic semester. If the university takes fees directly then you can choose the installment methods to pay your fees.
Additional course costs
You may be charged an extra cost of additional things such as books, stationery, recreational and study trips, and other materials.
|Courses||CrdHrs||Tuition Fee/CrdHr||Tuition Fee/Semester||Enrollment Fee (500 per Course)||Examination Fee (500 per Course)||Medical Diagnostic Charges (500 per Semester||Societies & Club Fee(2500 per Semester)||Total Fee For Semester|
|10||30||Total Semesters Fee||391,000|
We offer several fully and partially funded postgraduate scholarships to full-time postgraduate students. Many external organizations aid in this funding programs which increases the amount of scholarships. For more information about funding visit office of student affairs.
The Department of Computer Science at The University of Chenab is one-of-a-kind that plays a leading role in providing high-quality education and research facilities of international standards to prepare its graduates in all the areas of computer and information technology. Therefore, we make sure that our carefully planned curriculum enables our graduates to acquire all the key skills necessary for producing creative solutions to complex computing problems. For this, our highly qualified faculty is committed to deliver a cutting-edge knowledge of computer science, helping to build successful life-long careers in the modern technology-centered world of an information-based society.
As Computer Science is a field teeming with innovation, the department aims to focus on building a solid foundation in computer-based approaches to solve significant software, hardware, and data-related problems and creating a lot of opportunities for cross-disciplinary interaction both in terms of academia and fieldwork. It further develops students’ ability to understand the principles of system programming, artificial intelligence, algorithm analysis, and system design. All the courses offered by the Department of Computer Science are designed according to the scheme of studies approved by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan. We also look forward to becoming a center of excellence offering high standards of professional ethics, state-of-the-art lab facilities, and the best quality of teaching to attract and retain students from diverse backgrounds.
Currently, the Department is offering the following undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs:
Peaceful ambience, agile teaching as well as non-teaching staff, and a disciplined yet enjoyable and motivating atmosphere. Welcome to the University of Chenab. We produce professionals who are adept in their disciplines. Our institution is not only concerned with grades and education, but also take care of mental well-being of our students.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab represents excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creativity and engagement. Its mission is to produce professionals outfitted with the highest standards in creativity, transfer and application of knowledge dissemination to address issues of our time.
The UChenab sculpts its graduates to become future leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and to advance ideas that benefit the world.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab, Gujrat aspires to become a nationally and internationally recognized university that distinguishes itself as an embedding center for outstanding ethical and moral values, teaching quality, learning outcomes, and richness of the student experience.
The University of Chenab, Gujrat envisions a transformative impact on society through its continual innovation in education, creativity, research, and entrepreneurship.
- Visit (Website link admission tab) and search your respective course and department on this website.
- Check the admission criteria and learn about the eligibility criteria of your selected course.
- If you are confused about the fee structure visit our fee guide at (link)
- To search more about the campus and studies visit other events and tabs to learn about the latest news and events.
- Still if there are any ambiguities then contact our admission office.
- Search the page and select your course scroll to the menu and click on and option ‘Apply.’
- Fill the online application form with the required attachments.
- After the form is submitted then you’ll receive a confirmation email. Confirm your application which is then processed forward.
- After the acceptance of the online registration a date and time is allocated for an in-campus test.
- You must bring your original attested documents on your test day.
Results And Enrolment
- After sometimes the results are out so constantly check your email for the notification.
- Visit the campus for enrolment.
- After the enrolment attend your orientation day as it is an interactive session among students and the faculty.
- Then, receive your timetable.
- Finally, start a new step of your carrier.