- Software Engineering (BS)
4 years full-time
Software Engineering (BS)
23rd October, 2023
The Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering is a full-time, four-year degree program offered at the University of Chenab. This course is designed specifically to provide an inclusive framework in all aspects of modern life driven by a variety of software systems. BS-SE aims to develop expertise in designing and applying economically better software for the betterment of mankind.
Studying Software Engineering at the University of Chenab will expose you to a certain set of knowledge and skills used in software creation by consigning you to the interdisciplinary crossroads of computer science and engineering. This course ensures that the students have acquired an ability to design, develop, operate, and maintain software systems.
The program learning outcomes will give you broad-field knowledge of effective engineering, problem analysis, specification, testing, and evolution of software products. While progressing through the degree, you will learn the modern ways to interact with the world employing coding, programming, technology, and innovative systems. You will also have the capability to understand modern software development tools, languages, and problem-solving techniques.
The advances in Software Engineering careers are proceeding at a record pace globally as well as locally. The application of software systems plays an integral role in daily prospects of life. From manufacturing, communications, finance, banking, education, government, and everything in between, the career possibilities for software engineers are limitless.
Our program structure offers a flexible range of courses in all areas of software engineering, building a solid foundation in software development, research, and project management. The course structure offers a flexible mixture of core/compulsory and optional modules. Though students may get an option to add an additional year in research exchange program which enhances their knowledge and help them in future.
Our undergraduate degree in software engineering provides a broader understanding of software systems allowing you to have a high-level interaction across a variety of mechanical, electronic, and software domains.
In BS Software engineering we use various methods of teachings through classroom activities including a combination of lectures, tutorials, lab sessions, seminars, workshops, online learning, and independent study. In addition to these workshops, online learning and seminars are also considered.
This program structure is comprised of a total number of thirty to thirty-two lectures and about 2-3 hours per week will be allocated for teaching. You will be guided al about the studies, mainly about time for preparing classes, completion of research projects, and reading of primary texts. This program is taught in an appropriately positive learning environment for quality composing work to take place.
Our Computer Science (BS-SE) degree is undertaken in a better, more open, and more connected environment to keep more students engaged in a classroom.
Mainly evaluation will be concluded by extensive monitoring of written examination and course work completion along with routine quizzes, individual assignments, and group tasks i.e. programming such as writing, research and presentation.
The duration to complete BS degree program is about 4 years. But HEC has allowed a maximum 7 year duration to complete their degrees.
Before applying for a degree, you should first check that we recognize your higher secondary/tertiary education qualification. This can include:
- Pakistani Based Examinations: Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or equivalent with Mathematics or three years Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) in any discipline
- British System: GCE A Level with any of following subjects Further Mathematics/Pure Mathematics/Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (DP) from external Examining body Geneva, Switzerland with five subjects (including Mathematics)
- You still can be admitted if you have passed additional deficiency courses prescribed by the relevant faculty.
- Candidates without mathematics can be admitted provided that they must have to pass deficiency courses of Mathematics of 6 credit hours in first two semesters.
- 50% marks are required in all cases described above.
- Equivalence Certificate for A-Level/IB and other qualification holders from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Admission test administered by the university.
BS Data Science graduates have an opportunity to work as:
- Finance and Investment Analysis
- Actuaries, Economists, and statisticians
- Data Scientists and Engineers
- Telecommunication Designer
- Software Developers
Helping you find the right career
We have the facilities of devoted career counselors who help you to select your career choices and assist you in preparing for various recruitment programs. You can also be a part of career fest programs which are an interactive session with the recruiters so, you can understand their requirements and recruitment criteria.
Mainly tuition fees majorly covers our study cost, which includes assessment and teaching. Advanced fees are taken before the academic semester. If the university takes fees directly then you can choose the installment methods to pay your fees.
Additional course costs
You may be charged an extra cost of additional things such as books, stationery, recreational and study trips, and other materials.
|Courses||CrdHrs||Tuition Fee/CrdHr||Tuition Fee/Semester||Enrollment Fee (500 per Course)||Examination Fee (500 per Course)||Medical Diagnostic Charges (500 per Semester||Societies & Club Fee(2500 per Semester)||Total Fee For Semester|
|42||130||982,600||Total Semesters Fee||1,048,600|
We offer several fully and partially funded undergraduate scholarships to full-time undergraduate students. Visit Funding Policy for further queries.
The Department of Computer Science at The University of Chenab is one-of-a-kind that plays a leading role in providing high-quality education and research facilities of international standards to prepare its graduates in all the areas of computer and information technology. Therefore, we make sure that our carefully planned curriculum enables our graduates to acquire all the key skills necessary for producing creative solutions to complex computing problems. For this, our highly qualified faculty is committed to deliver a cutting-edge knowledge of computer science, helping to build successful life-long careers in the modern technology-centered world of an information-based society.
As Computer Science is a field teeming with innovation, the department aims to focus on building a solid foundation in computer-based approaches to solve significant software, hardware, and data-related problems and creating a lot of opportunities for cross-disciplinary interaction both in terms of academia and fieldwork. It further develops students’ ability to understand the principles of system programming, artificial intelligence, algorithm analysis, and system design. All the courses offered by the Department of Computer Science are designed according to the scheme of studies approved by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan. We also look forward to becoming a center of excellence offering high standards of professional ethics, state-of-the-art lab facilities, and the best quality of teaching to attract and retain students from diverse backgrounds.
Currently, the Department is offering the following undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs:
Peaceful ambience, agile teaching as well as non-teaching staff, and a disciplined yet enjoyable and motivating atmosphere. Welcome to the University of Chenab. We produce professionals who are adept in their disciplines. Our institution is not only concerned with grades and education, but also take care of mental well-being of our students.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab represents excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creativity and engagement. Its mission is to produce professionals outfitted with the highest standards in creativity, transfer and application of knowledge dissemination to address issues of our time.
The UChenab sculpts its graduates to become future leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and to advance ideas that benefit the world.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab, Gujrat aspires to become a nationally and internationally recognized university that distinguishes itself as an embedding center for outstanding ethical and moral values, teaching quality, learning outcomes, and richness of the student experience.
The University of Chenab, Gujrat envisions a transformative impact on society through its continual innovation in education, creativity, research, and entrepreneurship.
- Visit (Website link admission tab) and search your respective course and department on this website.
- Check the admission criteria and learn about the eligibility criteria of your selected course.
- If you are confused about the fee structure visit our fee guide at (link)
- To search more about the campus and studies visit other events and tabs to learn about the latest news and events.
- Still if there are any ambiguities then contact our admission office.
- Search the page and select your course scroll to the menu and click on and option ‘Apply.’
- Fill the online application form with the required attachments.
- After the form is submitted then you’ll receive a confirmation email. Confirm your application which is then processed forward.
- After the acceptance of the online registration a date and time is allocated for an in-campus test.
- You must bring your original attested documents on your test day.
Results And Enrolment
- After sometimes the results are out so constantly check your email for the notification.
- Visit the campus for enrolment.
- After the enrolment attend your orientation day as it is an interactive session among students and the faculty.
- Then, receive your timetable.
- Finally, start a new step of your carrier.