Our Bachelor’s degree in Data Science (BS-DS) is a full-time, four-year program that provides strong computing skills with basic training of data analysis in mathematical and statistical perspective. It is an integrated course, particularly designed on the basic principles of statistics and computer science.
A comprehensive study of Data Science (BS-DS) applies core concepts in specialist areas of data mining, statistical modeling, algorithm design, and machine learning is important to understand the huge amount of data daily generated in modern world in various fields form finance to social networks.
Known for its dual emphasis on statistics and computer science, this degree aims to prepare students with strong analytical abilities and programming experience in data management, data analysis, and data-centric programming. You will learn sophisticated computing, mathematical and statistical skills necessary for processing the data information.
As a holistic program, BS in data Science encapsulates latest technology to obtain values from data or develop similar technology. In the long run, our students are appropriately equipped to lead careers in a wide variety of fields from social, physical, and biomedical sciences to arts and humanities.
Our program structure is divided up into core courses, foundation courses, general courses, and electives to complete the degree of Data Science. The curriculum offers a flexible mixture of core/compulsory and optional modules. Through the optional module, you may choose to spend a year in a research exchange program, which will help you throughout your career.
There has been a concerted effort to develop skills for data collection, data analysis, data representation, data management, and data retrieval to prepare students in all areas of importance to Data Science.
An overview of complete BS Data Science program structure and course distribution is mentioned below.
Our teaching methods consist of lectures, tutorials, computer-based lab sessions, seminars, workshops, online learning, and independent study. You will be guided al about the studies, mainly about time for preparing classes, completion of research projects, and reading of primary texts. This program is taught in an appropriately positive learning environment for quality composing work to take place.
Our Computer Science (BS-Data Science) degree is undertaken in a better, more open, and more connected environment to keep more students engaged in a classroom.
Mainly evaluation will be concluded by extensive monitoring of written examination and course work completion along with routine quizzes, individual assignments, and group tasks i.e. programming such as writing, research and presentation.
Final year will also have an additional data science project.
The duration to complete BS degree program is about 4 years. But HEC has allowed a maximum 7 year duration to complete their degrees.
Before applying for a degree, you should first check that we recognize your higher secondary/tertiary education qualification. This can include:
- Pakistani Based Examinations: Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or equivalent with Mathematics or three years Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) in any discipline
- British System: GCE A Level with any of following subjects Further Mathematics/Pure Mathematics/Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (DP) from external Examining body Geneva, Switzerland with five subjects (including Mathematics)
- You still can be admitted if you have passed additional deficiency courses prescribed by the relevant faculty.
- Candidates without mathematics can be admitted provided that they must have to pass deficiency courses of Mathematics of 6 credit hours in first two semesters.
- 50% marks are required in all cases described above.
- Equivalence Certificate for A-Level/IB and other qualification holders from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Admission test administered by the university.
BS Data Science graduates have an opportunity to work as:
- Finance and Investment Analysis
- Actuaries, Economists, and statisticians
- Data Scientists and Engineers
- Telecommunication Designer
- Software Developers
Helping you find the right career
We have the facilities of devoted career counselors who help you to select your career choices and assist you in preparing for various recruitment programs. You can also be a part of career fest programs which are an interactive session with the recruiters so, you can understand their requirements and recruitment criteria.
For clearing any ambiguities visit Office of student affairs, The University of Chenab, Gujrat.
Mainly tuition fees majorly covers our study cost, which includes assessment and teaching. Advanced fees are taken before the academic semester. If the university takes fees directly then you can choose the installment methods to pay your fees.
Additional course costs
You may be charged an extra cost of additional things such as books, stationery, recreational and study trips, and other materials
|Courses||CrdHrs||Tuition Fee/CrdHr||Tuition Fee/Semester||Enrollment Fee (500 per Course)||Examination Fee (500 per Course)||Medical Diagnostic Charges (500 per Semester||Societies & Club Fee(2500 per Semester)||Total Fee For Semester|
|44||134||Total Semesters Fee||1,058,200|
We offer several fully and partially funded undergraduate scholarships to full-time undergraduate students. Visit Funding Policy for further queries.
The Department of Computer Science at The University of Chenab is one-of-a-kind that plays a leading role in providing high-quality education and research facilities of international standards to prepare its graduates in all the areas of computer and information technology. Therefore, we make sure that our carefully planned curriculum enables our graduates to acquire all the key skills necessary for producing creative solutions to complex computing problems. For this, our highly qualified faculty is committed to deliver a cutting-edge knowledge of computer science, helping to build successful life-long careers in the modern technology-centered world of an information-based society.
As Computer Science is a field teeming with innovation, the department aims to focus on building a solid foundation in computer-based approaches to solve significant software, hardware, and data-related problems and creating a lot of opportunities for cross-disciplinary interaction both in terms of academia and fieldwork. It further develops students’ ability to understand the principles of system programming, artificial intelligence, algorithm analysis, and system design. All the courses offered by the Department of Computer Science are designed according to the scheme of studies approved by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan. We also look forward to becoming a center of excellence offering high standards of professional ethics, state-of-the-art lab facilities, and the best quality of teaching to attract and retain students from diverse backgrounds.
Peaceful ambience, agile teaching as well as non-teaching staff, and a disciplined yet enjoyable and motivating atmosphere. Welcome to the University of Chenab. We produce professionals who are adept in their disciplines. Our institution is not only concerned with grades and education, but also take care of mental well-being of our students.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab represents excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creativity and engagement. Its mission is to produce professionals outfitted with the highest standards in creativity, transfer and application of knowledge dissemination to address issues of our time.
The UChenab sculpts its graduates to become future leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and to advance ideas that benefit the world.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab, Gujrat aspires to become a nationally and internationally recognized university that distinguishes itself as an embedding center for outstanding ethical and moral values, teaching quality, learning outcomes, and richness of the student experience.
The University of Chenab, Gujrat envisions a transformative impact on society through its continual innovation in education, creativity, research, and entrepreneurship.
- Visit (Website link admission tab) and search your respective course and department on this website.
- Check the admission criteria and learn about the eligibility criteria of your selected course.
- If you are confused about the fee structure visit our fee guide at (link)
- To search more about the campus and studies visit other events and tabs to learn about the latest news and events.
- Still if there are any ambiguities then contact our admission office.
- Search the page and select your course scroll to the menu and click on and option ‘Apply.’
- Fill the online application form with the required attachments.
- After the form is submitted then you’ll receive a confirmation email. Confirm your application which is then processed forward.
- After the acceptance of the online registration a date and time is allocated for an in-campus test.
- You must bring your original attested documents on your test day.
Results And Enrolment
- After sometimes the results are out so constantly check your email for the notification.
- Visit the campus for enrolment.
- After the enrolment attend your orientation day as it is an interactive session among students and the faculty.
- Then, receive your timetable.
- Finally, start a new step of your carrier.