The Masters in IT is an intensive, research-oriented degree that aims to grasp the intricacy of modern IT systems and the emerging need of protecting our IT systems in all organizations mainly academia and research development.
As a full-time, two-year graduate program, MSIT is designed to equip students with advanced IT skills necessary for implementing information security and assurance strategies. It is specifically designed to provide you with a solid foundation in learning the technical aspects of information security systems.
The basic intention of an academic program in Information Technology is to make cyberspace safe, secure, and reliable from all kinds of threats. You will learn to put your knowledge into practice by understanding system security threats and examining the ways of developing effective countermeasures to manage risks for information security breaches.
You will develop more focused and detailed knowledge of areas such as software, web technology, information management, networking, security, databases, and programming languages. Our graduates are trained to generate scientifically-grounded solutions on technology-related problems of information infrastructure, at both national and international community levels.
The proposed modules are assured to build a unified breadth and deep rooted curriculum just to keep in mind that similar aspects of potential areas in IT are covered completely. Moreover, graduate programs are based on prevailing foundation of fundamental components and vast range of choices of coursework.
Some additional important huge aspects could be added to the specialization list according to the resources available to the university. A student also have a choice to select either an MS thesis 6 credit hours or a 3 credit hour course and separate 3 credit hour MS project.
In MSIT we use various methods of teachings through classroom activities including a combination of lectures, tutorials, lab sessions, seminars, workshops, online learning, and independent study.
This program structure is comprised of a total number of thirty to thirty-two lectures and about 2-3 hours per week will be allocated for teaching. You will be guided al about the studies, mainly about time for preparing classes, completion of research projects, and reading of primary texts. This program is taught in an appropriately positive learning environment for quality composing work to take place.
Mainly evaluation will be concluded by extensive monitoring of written examination and course work completion along with routine quizzes, individual assignments, and group tasks such as writing, research and presentation.
The proposed degree must be completed within four-semester time. The least allocated duration for completion of MS degree program is about 2 years. And the maximum duration for completion on MS degree program is 4 years allocated by HEC.
Our entry requirements indicate both Standard and Minimum qualifications with which we normally accept students.
- 16 Years of Schooling / Equivalent in relevant field of study with at least 60% Marks / 2.5/4.00 CGPA from HEC Recognized Institution.
- Graduate Admission Test Administrated by the University.
Finding a supervisor
It is already discussed in research tab. Link this to research tab.
With a master’s degree in IT, you will have a range of options open to you:
- Computer and Information research scientist
- Database Administrator
- Information Security Analyst
- Information Technology Analyst
- Web Designer
- User Experience Researcher
- Network Administrator
- System Analyst
- Software Developer Analyst
- Academic/ Researcher
- Information System Auditor
- Integration Specialist
Helping you find the right career
We have the facilities of devoted career counselors who help you to select your career choices and assist you in preparing for various recruitment programs. You can also be a part of career fest programs which are an interactive session with the recruiters so, you can understand their requirements and recruitment criteria.
For clearing any ambiguities visit Office of student affairs, The University of Chenab, Gujrat.
Mainly tuition fees majorly covers our study cost, which includes assessment and teaching. Advanced fees are taken before the academic semester. If the university takes fees directly then you can choose the installment methods to pay your fees.
Additional course costs
You may be charged an extra cost of additional things such as books, stationery, recreational and study trips, and other materials.
We offer several fully and partially funded postgraduate scholarships to full-time postgraduate students. Many external organizations aid in this funding programs which increases the amount of scholarships. For more information about funding visit office of student affairs.
To be an international partner in computing education, research and development with our graduates impacting the society as computing professionals and entrepreneurs demonstrating professional integrity and leadership.
- To produce best quality Computer Science & IT professionals and researchers by providing state-of-the-art training, hands on experience, and healthy research environment.
- To collaborate with industry and academia around the globe for achieving quality technical education and excellence in research through active participation of all the stakeholders.
- To promote academic growth by establishing Center of Excellences and offering inter-disciplinary postgraduate and doctoral programs.
- To establish and maintain an effective operational environment and deliver quality, prompt, cost effective and reliable technology services to the society as well as compliment the local and global economic goals.
Ashraf, Z., Sohail, A., & Yousaf, M. (2023). Lightweight and authentic symmetric session key cryptosystem for client–server mobile communication. The Journal of Supercomputing, 1-25.
Ashraf, Z., Sohail, A., & Yousaf, M. (2023). Robust and lightweight symmetric key exchange algorithm for next-generation IoE. Internet of Things, 22, 100703.
Ashraf, Z., Sohail, A., Latif, S. A., Pitafi, A. H., & Malik, M. Y. (2023). Challenges and Mitigation Strategies for Transition from IPv4 Network to Virtualized Next-Generation IPv6 Network. Int. Arab J. Inf. Technol., 20(1), 78-91.
Butt, U. M., Arif, R., Letchmunan, S., Malik, B. H., & Butt, M. A. (2023). Feature Enhanced Stacked Auto Encoder for Diseases Detection in Brain MRI. Computers, Materials & Continua, 76(2).
Ikram, A., Butt, M. A., & Tariq, I. (2023). Comparative Analysis of Regression Algorithms used to Predict the Sales of Big Marts. Journal of Innovative Computing and Emerging Technologies, 3(1).
Butt, M. A., Danjuma, S., Ilyas, M. S. B., Butt, U. M., Shahid, M., & Tariq, I. (2023). Demand Prediction on Bike Sharing Data Using Regression Analysis Approach. Journal of Innovative Computing and Emerging Technologies, 3(1).
Butt, U. M., Ullah, H. A., Letchmunan, S., Tariq, I., Hassan, F. H., & Koh, T. W. (2023). Leveraging Transfer Learning for Spatio-Temporal Human Activity Recognition from Video Sequences. Computers, Materials & Continua, 74(3).
Butt, U. M., Letchmunan, S., Hassan, F. H., & Koh, T. W. (2022). Hybrid of deep learning and exponential smoothing for enhancing crime forecasting accuracy. Plos one, 17(9), e0274172.
Baig, R., Rehman, A., Almuhaimeed, A., Alzahrani, A., & Rauf, H. T. (2022). Detecting malignant leukemia cells using microscopic blood smear images: a deep learning approach. Applied Sciences, 12(13), 6317.
Fatima, M., Rextin, A., Nasim, M., & Yusuf, O. (2022, October). Digital Information Seeking and Sharing Behaviour During the COVID-19 Pandemic in Pakistan. In Multidisciplinary International Symposium on Disinformation in Open Online Media (pp. 44-62). Cham: Springer International Publishing.
Department of computer science has built strong linkage with industry and signed various MOUs with different software houses for jobs and internships.
Recently the University of Chenab has signed MOUs with following software houses.
- Techno Verse
- Twin Spider
- Dev Valley
- Cipher Coders
- Soft Pin
- Huawei ICT Academy
Peaceful ambience, agile teaching as well as non-teaching staff, and a disciplined yet enjoyable and motivating atmosphere. Welcome to the University of Chenab. We produce professionals who are adept in their disciplines. Our institution is not only concerned with grades and education, but also take care of mental well-being of our students.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab represents excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creativity and engagement. Its mission is to produce professionals outfitted with the highest standards in creativity, transfer and application of knowledge dissemination to address issues of our time.
The UChenab sculpts its graduates to become future leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and to advance ideas that benefit the world.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab, Gujrat aspires to become a nationally and internationally recognized university that distinguishes itself as an embedding center for outstanding ethical and moral values, teaching quality, learning outcomes, and richness of the student experience.
The University of Chenab, Gujrat envisions a transformative impact on society through its continual innovation in education, creativity, research, and entrepreneurship.
- Visit (Website link admission tab) and search your respective course and department on this website.
- Check the admission criteria and learn about the eligibility criteria of your selected course.
- If you are confused about the fee structure visit our fee guide at (link)
- To search more about the campus and studies visit other events and tabs to learn about the latest news and events.
- Still if there are any ambiguities then contact our admission office.
- Search the page and select your course scroll to the menu and click on and option ‘Apply.’
- Fill the online application form with the required attachments.
- After the form is submitted then you’ll receive a confirmation email. Confirm your application which is then processed forward.
- After the acceptance of the online registration a date and time is allocated for an in-campus test.
- You must bring your original attested documents on your test day.
Results And Enrolment
- After sometimes the results are out so constantly check your email for the notification.
- Visit the campus for enrolment.
- After the enrolment attend your orientation day as it is an interactive session among students and the faculty.
- Then, receive your timetable.
- Finally, start a new step of your carrier.