Studying a five-year professional degree program of Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) at the University of Chenab will give you an in-depth knowledge of the modern health care system and clinical practice as well as a cutting-edge focus on patient-centered rehabilitation counseling and treatment skills.
As a sub-field of medicine and health sciences, DPT is mainly concerned with the fundamentals of healing science and is primarily about the art of caring. It aims to incorporate an outstanding quality of clinical education so that our graduates are well trained in the rehabilitation of patients who are old aged, handicapped, and poorly abled having functional disorders of Musculoskeletal, Physiological, Structural, Neurological, Cardio-vascular, and Psychosomatic ailments.
Our on-campus learning program is intentionally designed to provide an effective study of physical therapy care. You will be able to co-relate theory with practice through a range of therapeutic methods and modalities based on the treatment of muscle, tendon, joint, and bone injuries as a result of an accident, trauma, tripping, operation, fracture, any congenital or acquired disease.
As a physiotherapist, you will know about the latest scientific and clinical techniques to relieve pain and other complications through a variety of treatment methods based on diagnosis, evaluation, examination, physical agents, movement, and manual therapy.
With state-of-the-art treatment equipment and the latest technologies, the study scheme of our DPT curriculum is structured to provide life-long learning of professional practice in physical therapy. The program structure offers a flexible mixture of core/compulsory and optional modules.
Throughout this degree, you will be taught through lectures, lab sessions, clinical practice, research work, seminars, workshops, online learning, and independent study. Along with it, there will be visits to hospitals, clinical settings, pediatric institutes, and old homes. This program structure consists of a total number of thirty to thirty-two lectures, and you will have around 2-3 hours of teaching per week. You will be guided about study time preparing for classes, reading primary texts, and completing research projects.
One year of house job in any teaching hospital recognized by the Pakistan Medical Commission will be incorporated at the end of your degree to further enhance the learning.
You will be evaluated by a combination of theory and practical work including clinical practice, lab sessions, individual assignments, quizzes, research, and group work presentations.
Our DPT degree program is completed in five years.
Before applying for a degree, you should first check that we recognize your higher secondary/tertiary education qualification. This can include:
- Pakistani Based Examinations: Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- British System: GCE A Level with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (DP) from external Examining body Geneva, Switzerland with five subjects (including English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- You still can be admitted if you have passed additional deficiency courses prescribed by the relevant faculty.
- 60% marks are required in all cases described above.
- Equivalence Certificate for A-Level/IB and other qualification holders from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Admission test administered by the university.
By studying DPT, you can explore a wide range of thriving career prospects in public and private hospitals, rehabilitation centers, physical medicine, Healthcare aid agencies, NGOs, academics, and sports clubs as:
- Physical Training Instructor
- Occupational Physiotherapist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Orthopedic physiotherapist
- Geriatric physiotherapist
- Assistant Physiotherapist
- Physical Test Supervisor
- Researcher in Biotechnology
- Researcher in Radiology
- Pediatric Physiotherapist
- Sports Physiotherapist
Helping you find the right career
We have a dedicated careers counselor who can support you with your career choices and skills to prepare you for recruitment processes. You can also attend tailored careers and networking events to connect with recruiters in your field.
Tuition fees cover the majority of the costs of your study, including teaching and assessment. Fees are charged at the start of each academic semester. If you pay your fees directly to the University, you can also choose to pay in instalments.
Additional Courses Cost
There may be extra costs related to your course for things such as stationery, books, materials, and field trips.
|Courses||CrdHrs||Tuition Fee/CrdHr||Tuition Fee/Semester||Enrollment Fee (500 per Course)||Examination Fee (500 per Course)||Medical Diagnostic Charges (500 per Semester||Societies & Club Fee(2500 per Semester)||Total Fee For Semester|
|62||175||Total Semesters Fee||1,423,000|
We offer several fully and partially funded undergraduate scholarships to full-time undergraduate students.
Peaceful ambience, agile teaching as well as non-teaching staff, and a disciplined yet enjoyable and motivating atmosphere. Welcome to the University of Chenab. We produce professionals who are adept in their disciplines. Our institution is not only concerned with grades and education, but also take care of mental well-being of our students.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab represents excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creativity and engagement. Its mission is to produce professionals outfitted with the highest standards in creativity, transfer and application of knowledge dissemination to address issues of our time.
The UChenab sculpts its graduates to become future leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and to advance ideas that benefit the world.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab, Gujrat aspires to become a nationally and internationally recognized university that distinguishes itself as an embedding center for outstanding ethical and moral values, teaching quality, learning outcomes, and richness of the student experience.
The University of Chenab, Gujrat envisions a transformative impact on society through its continual innovation in education, creativity, research, and entrepreneurship.
- Visit (Website link admission tab) and search your respective course and department on this website.
- Check the admission criteria and learn about the eligibility criteria of your selected course.
- If you are confused about the fee structure visit our fee guide at (link)
- To search more about the campus and studies visit other events and tabs to learn about the latest news and events.
- Still if there are any ambiguities then contact our admission office.
- Search the page and select your course scroll to the menu and click on and option ‘Apply.’
- Fill the online application form with the required attachments.
- After the form is submitted then you’ll receive a confirmation email. Confirm your application which is then processed forward.
- After the acceptance of the online registration a date and time is allocated for an in-campus test.
- You must bring your original attested documents on your test day.
Results And Enrolment
- After sometimes the results are out so constantly check your email for the notification.
- Visit the campus for enrolment.
- After the enrolment attend your orientation day as it is an interactive session among students and the faculty.
- Then, receive your timetable.
- Finally, start a new step of your carrier.