Laboratory Science is a health care profession that relates with the medical laboratory tests of blood, urine, stool, and other body fluids to analyze and diagnose diseases. The program aims to impart training in both conventional and modern technology in the field of Medical Laboratory Sciences. So that the candidates will be fully competent to practice, teach and do research in the broader disciplines of Medical Laboratory Sciences.
This proposed program is interdisciplinary where other diagnostic areas including Biochemistry, Hematology, Blood bank, Microbiology, Molecular biology, Research Methodology, and Statistics, work hand in hand, in providing diagnostic services as well research in health care.
In Pakistan, there is a shortage of trained Medical Laboratory professionals and for international licensing in addition to four-year degree programs an additional fifth year with supervised Medical Laboratory training is mandatory. This five-year program will enable the graduate to sit for licensure examination directly without having an additional year of Medical Laboratory internship abroad. The program aims to provide professionals equipped with medical Laboratory skills to help physicians in the process of diagnosis. This will also help to reduce the shortage of skilled professionals.
This program aims to Produce competent and skilled graduates in Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences for delivery of effective services to benefit the society. Doctor of Medical Laboratory Sciences/Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences is designed to provide the necessary knowledge, skills, ethics, analytical and leadership abilities, critical thinking, and ethical values to the graduates to cope with Lab sciences related issues and challenges.
After completion of this program the graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the basic and lab Sciences, both understand correlate and apply in their fundamental context and in their application to the discipline of Laboratory Sciences, understands correlate and apply theoretical foundations of knowledge to the practice of Laboratory Sciences; evaluate and clarifies evolving theories relevant to Laboratory Sciences.
- Demonstrate the behaviors of the scholarly medical practitioner.
Develop and utilize the process of critical thinking and inquiry, particularly focused on the improvement of the practice of medical Laboratory Sciences for the delivery of healthcare.
- Evaluate pathological specimens in health care facilities in a scientific way.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in descriptive writing. Demonstrate leadership, management, and communication skills to effectively participate in physical therapy practice and the health care team Gain the trust of society through their practices.
- Understand the professional and ethical responsibilities, will be able to engage in lifelong learning and growth of medical science laboratory technology.
Think critically and promote teamwork. Demonstrate a professional attitude.
Demonstrate professionally and scholarly, during the collection of specimens, data, conduct experiments, perform data analysis and interpretation to draw precise and valid conclusions.
- Engage in reflective practices through sound medical sciences practices and decision making.
- Consider research-based evidence for medical Sciences practice and bridging basic sciences to clinical sciences.
Duration: 5 years
The number of semesters: 10
The number of weeks per semester: 16-18 (16 for teaching and 2 for examinations)
The total number of credit hours: 172
The number of credit hours per semester: 14-18
Laboratory Sciences Courses 70% (±5%)
Non- Laboratory Courses 30% (±5%)
1. General Principles
Acquirement of practical and theoretical competencies is the keystone of graduate diet and nutrition education programs.
Learning in graduate programs is essentially self-directed and primarily radiates from practical and research-based knowledge and academic work. The formal sessions of teaching are merely meant to complement this core effort.
2. Teaching Sessions
In addition to conducting and reporting routine and special investigation in the area of posting under direct supervision, formal teaching sessions are held on working days. These include seminars, presentations, group discussions, quiz-based activities, practical, research work, lab-based work, visits of food industries and hospitals, interdepartmental meetings.
3. Teaching Schedule
The suggested departmental teaching schedule is as follows:
Delivering lecture: Daily
Presentation and Quiz based activities: Twice a month
Research work/ Practical’s Once a week
Interdepartmental meeting: Once in a month
Guest lectures: From time to time
Library based assignments from time to time
All sessions will be coordinated by the faculty members.
All the teaching sessions are to be assessed by the consultants at the end of the session and graded.
Attendance of the students should be at least 75% in the semesters.
The quality assurance department will monitor the program components as per the scheme of the study.
All the graduate students will be assessed daily for their academic activities and also periodically.
1. General Principles
The assessment is valid, objective and reliable
Formative, continuing, and summative (final) assessment is conducted in theory as well as practical. In addition, research work is assessed separately.
2. Formative Assessment
The formative assessment is continuous as well as end-of-term. The former is based on the theoretical and practical work concerned. End of term (semester exam) assessment is held at the end of each semester (up to the 10th semester).
Formative assessment will provide feedback to the students as well as to the faculty members to solve any academic problems/issues for further improvement.
3. Internal Assessment
The performance of the graduate students during the study period should be monitored throughout the course and duly recorded student performance data at the end of mid and final term exams of each semester, as evidence of the ability and daily work of the student. Marks should be allotted out of 100 according to the following activities.
4. Summative Assessment
The division of the marks will be according to the subject and include theory and practical performance. The pass percentage will be 50%. The students will have to pass the theory and practical examinations separately.
HEC allocated duration to complete the degree is five years, but you can complete the degree within the duration of seven years.
Before applying for a degree, you should first check that we recognize your higher secondary/tertiary education qualification. This can include:
- Pakistani Based Examinations: Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- British System: GCE A Level with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (DP) from external Examining body Geneva, Switzerland with five subjects (including English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- You still can be admitted if you have passed additional deficiency courses prescribed by the relevant faculty.
- 50% marks are required in all cases described above.
- Equivalence Certificate for A-Level/IB and other qualification holders from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Admission test administered by the university.
Public health departments
Research and teaching institutes
International organizations: ASM, NIH, and WHO.
Public sector hospitals
Private health care
Health care centers
Public health departments and health care facilities in the Middle East, Europe, USA, Canada, etc.
The outcomes of the proposed program are measurable and observable. The development of skilled and trained manpower is the foundation of academic programs.
Helping you find the right career
We have a dedicated careers counselor who can support you with your career choices and skills to prepare you for recruitment processes. You can also attend tailored careers and networking events to connect with recruiters in your field.
Find out more about careers support at Office of Student Affairs, The University of Chenab, Gujrat
Tuition fees cover the majority of the costs of your study, including teaching and assessment. Fees are charged at the start of each academic semester. If you pay your fees directly to the University, you can also choose to pay in installments.
Additional Course Cost
There may be extra costs related to your course for things such as stationery, books, materials, and field trips.
|Courses||CrdHrs||Tuition Fee/CrdHr||Tuition Fee/Semester||Enrollment Fee (500 per Course)||Examination Fee (500 per Course)||Medical Diagnostic Charges (500 per Semester||Societies & Club Fee(2500 per Semester)||Total Fee For Semester|
Total Semesters Fee
Registration Fee (payable once – Non Refundable)
We offer several fully and partially funded undergraduate scholarships to full-time undergraduate students. Visit Funding Policy
Peaceful ambience, agile teaching as well as non-teaching staff, and a disciplined yet enjoyable and motivating atmosphere. Welcome to the University of Chenab. We produce professionals who are adept in their disciplines. Our institution is not only concerned with grades and education, but also take care of mental well-being of our students.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab represents excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creativity and engagement. Its mission is to produce professionals outfitted with the highest standards in creativity, transfer and application of knowledge dissemination to address issues of our time.
The UChenab sculpts its graduates to become future leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and to advance ideas that benefit the world.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab, Gujrat aspires to become a nationally and internationally recognized university that distinguishes itself as an embedding center for outstanding ethical and moral values, teaching quality, learning outcomes, and richness of the student experience.
The University of Chenab, Gujrat envisions a transformative impact on society through its continual innovation in education, creativity, research, and entrepreneurship.
- Visit (Website link admission tab) and search your respective course and department on this website.
- Check the admission criteria and learn about the eligibility criteria of your selected course.
- If you are confused about the fee structure visit our fee guide at (link)
- To search more about the campus and studies visit other events and tabs to learn about the latest news and events.
- Still if there are any ambiguities then contact our admission office.
- Search the page and select your course scroll to the menu and click on and option ‘Apply.’
- Fill the online application form with the required attachments.
- After the form is submitted then you’ll receive a confirmation email. Confirm your application which is then processed forward.
- After the acceptance of the online registration a date and time is allocated for an in-campus test.
- You must bring your original attested documents on your test day.
Results And Enrolment
- After sometimes the results are out so constantly check your email for the notification.
- Visit the campus for enrolment.
- After the enrolment attend your orientation day as it is an interactive session among students and the faculty.
- Then, receive your timetable.
- Finally, start a new step of your carrier.