Laboratory Science is a health care profession that relates with the medical laboratory tests of blood, urine, stool, and other body fluids to analyze and diagnose diseases. The program aims to impart training in both conventional and modern technology in the field of Medical Laboratory Sciences. So that the candidates will be fully competent to practice, teach and do research in the broader disciplines of Medical Laboratory Sciences.
This proposed program is interdisciplinary where other diagnostic areas including Biochemistry, Hematology, Blood bank, Microbiology, Molecular biology, Research Methodology, and Statistics, work hand in hand, in providing diagnostic services as well research in health care.
In Pakistan, there is a shortage of trained Medical Laboratory professionals and for international licensing in addition to four-year degree programs an additional fifth year with supervised Medical Laboratory training is mandatory. This five-year program will enable the graduate to sit for licensure examination directly without having an additional year of Medical Laboratory internship abroad. The program aims to provide professionals equipped with medical Laboratory skills to help physicians in the process of diagnosis. This will also help to reduce the shortage of skilled professionals.
This program aims to Produce competent and skilled graduates in Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences for delivery of effective services to benefit the society. Doctor of Medical Laboratory Sciences/Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences is designed to provide the necessary knowledge, skills, ethics, analytical and leadership abilities, critical thinking, and ethical values to the graduates to cope with Lab sciences related issues and challenges.
After completion of this program the graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the basic and lab Sciences, both understand correlate and apply in their fundamental context and in their application to the discipline of Laboratory Sciences, understands correlate and apply theoretical foundations of knowledge to the practice of Laboratory Sciences; evaluate and clarifies evolving theories relevant to Laboratory Sciences.
- Demonstrate the behaviors of the scholarly medical practitioner.
Develop and utilize the process of critical thinking and inquiry, particularly focused on the improvement of the practice of medical Laboratory Sciences for the delivery of healthcare.
- Evaluate pathological specimens in health care facilities in a scientific way.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in descriptive writing. Demonstrate leadership, management, and communication skills to effectively participate in physical therapy practice and the health care team Gain the trust of society through their practices.
- Understand the professional and ethical responsibilities, will be able to engage in lifelong learning and growth of medical science laboratory technology.
Think critically and promote teamwork. Demonstrate a professional attitude.
Demonstrate professionally and scholarly, during the collection of specimens, data, conduct experiments, perform data analysis and interpretation to draw precise and valid conclusions.
- Engage in reflective practices through sound medical sciences practices and decision making.
- Consider research-based evidence for medical Sciences practice and bridging basic sciences to clinical sciences.