Population of the world is increasing at very fast rate. World is trying to keep the pace of food production with the rising demand of food. However, mounting demand of food is causing issues of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition. Inappropriate handling of food from farm to fork due to fragility in food supply chain causing huge food losses. Food adulteration and unhygienic handling practices putting the lives of the consumer under threat of food born-infection and intoxication. The department started M.Phil. Food Science and Technology. Highly qualified faculty and staff are keen to enlighten students with the latest techniques of food processing and preservation. The purpose of the program is to develop skillful graduates having the vast knowledge of proper food handling. Students can use their expertise to ensure the availability of safe and quality food to the consumer by the development of sustainable and resilient food supply systems. They have the opportunity to serve in teaching and research institutes, National and International organizations and world food programs. In addition, food processing industries, Punjab food authority (PFA), hotels and restaurants management are some other examples of potential sectors to show the skills.
In teaching, objective oriented and practical based methodology adopted. Highly qualified teachers are motivated to deliver research-based knowledge. State of the art lecture rooms and labs are equipped with modern tools of learning. Different teaching methodologies including assignments, presentations,quizzes, seminars, group discussions and activitiesare followed. Each subject is covered by thirty to thirty-two lectures and around 2-4 hours of teaching per week depending upon respective credit hours.Furthermore, following important considerations are;
- Each and every class will be coordinated by the staff.
- Every training session is examined by the consultative body consultants & graded accordingly.
- Attendance percentage of the students should be at least 75% in each course during a semester.
- The quality assurance department monitors the program components as per the scheme of the study.
Major evaluation will be conducted by extensive monitoring of course work completion,written examination along with research and thesis.
The minimum duration for completion of MPhil degree is Two years. As allowed by HEC, it can be completed in a maximum period of four years.
Undergraduate with minimum sixteen years of qualification having B.Sc. (Hons) Food Science and Technology/Food Technology/Food Engineering or B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture with major Food Technology/Animal Husbandry/Animal Science.B.Sc. (Hons) Dairy Technology/Dairy Science and Technology. DVM/B.Sc. (Hons) Microbiology/Applied Microbiology/B.Sc. (Hons) Home Economics (Food and Nutrition), B.Sc. (Hons) Human Nutrition & Dietetics,B.Sc. (Hons) Poultry Science, BS Biochemistry, B.Sc. (Hons) Nutrition and Dietetics. Bachelor of Dietetics & Nutritional Sciences/Doctor of Dietetics & Nutritional Sciences or other relevant degrees.
Food Scientists and Technologists in food industry can serve as:
- Production Manager
- Food Management Departments
- Quality Assurance
- Marketing/Sales Executive
- University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
- PMAS Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi
- Government College University, Faisalabad
- The University of Faisalabad
- University of Sargodha, Sargodha
- Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan
- Gomal University, D.I. Khan
- Sindh Agricultural University, Tandojam
- KPK Agricultural University, Peshawar
- Karachi University, Karachi
- University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Rawalakot
- Karakoram International University, Gilgit
- Mehran University of Engineering & Technology
- Hazara University (Haripur Campus) Haripur
- University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore
- Other universities in private sector
- Ayub Agricultural Research Institute (AARI)
- National Institute for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering (NIBGE)
- Nuclear Institute for Agriculture and Biology (NIAB)
- National Agricultural Research Centre (NARC)
- PCSIR Laboratories
- National Institute of Health (NIH), Islamabad
- Nuclear Institute for Food and Agriculture (NIFA), Peshawar
- Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission
- Agricultural Research Institutes
- Pakistan Standards & Quality Control Authority (PSQCA)
- Small and Medium Enterprises Development Authority (SMEDA)
- Punjab Food Authority
- Food Testing Laboratories
- Dairy Pakistan
- Pakistan Dairy development Board
- Food Certification Organizations
- Air ports and Sea ports
- Public Analyst Laboratories
- Provincial Food Departments
- Tehsil Management Authorities
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Food Inspector
- Health Institutions as Dietitian
- Food Analyst
- Export Promotion Bureau of Pakistan
|Food Science & Technology (MPhil)|
|Courses||CrdHrs||Tuition Fee/CrdHr||Tuition Fee/Semester||Enrollment Fee (500 per Course)||Examination Fee (500 per Course)||Medical Diagnostic Charges (500 per Semester||Societies & Club Fee(2500 per Semester)||Total Fee For Semester|
|10||36||Total Semesters Fee||392,600|
Peaceful ambience, agile teaching as well as non-teaching staff, and a disciplined yet enjoyable and motivating atmosphere. Welcome to the University of Chenab. We produce professionals who are adept in their disciplines. Our institution is not only concerned with grades and education, but also take care of mental well-being of our students.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab represents excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creativity and engagement. Its mission is to produce professionals outfitted with the highest standards in creativity, transfer and application of knowledge dissemination to address issues of our time.
The UChenab sculpts its graduates to become future leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and to advance ideas that benefit the world.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab, Gujrat aspires to become a nationally and internationally recognized university that distinguishes itself as an embedding center for outstanding ethical and moral values, teaching quality, learning outcomes, and richness of the student experience.
The University of Chenab, Gujrat envisions a transformative impact on society through its continual innovation in education, creativity, research, and entrepreneurship.
- Visit (Website link admission tab) and search your respective course and department on this website.
- Check the admission criteria and learn about the eligibility criteria of your selected course.
- If you are confused about the fee structure visit our fee guide at (link)
- To search more about the campus and studies visit other events and tabs to learn about the latest news and events.
- Still if there are any ambiguities then contact our admission office.
- Search the page and select your course scroll to the menu and click on and option ‘Apply.’
- Fill the online application form with the required attachments.
- After the form is submitted then you’ll receive a confirmation email. Confirm your application which is then processed forward.
- After the acceptance of the online registration a date and time is allocated for an in-campus test.
- You must bring your original attested documents on your test day.
Results And Enrolment
- After sometimes the results are out so constantly check your email for the notification.
- Visit the campus for enrolment.
- After the enrolment attend your orientation day as it is an interactive session among students and the faculty.
- Then, receive your timetable.
- Finally, start a new step of your carrier.