Globally, people are suffering from different kind of life style related disorders. Prevalence of communicable (hepatitis, diarrhea, malaria, dengue, tuberculosis, AIDS etc.), non-communicable diseases (cardiovascular diseases, cancers, diabetes hypertension, strokes etc.) and micronutrient deficiencies are also escalating. People of Pakistan are facing problems in getting safe, nutritious and wholesome food. Nutritional deficiencies in children under age five are causing stunting, wasting, physical and mental disabilities. School-age children, adolescent girls, pregnant women, and older citizens are vulnerable segment of the society combating with iron deficiency anemia. The current health situation of people is putting pressure on our flimsy health system. Keeping in view the current miserable nutritional status of the people, University has offered an under graduate degree program “Dietetics and Nutritional Sciences”. The aim is to produce graduates equipped with the knowledge of diet and nutritional sciences. Students can utilize their knowledge to cure the diet related disorders of the society through diet diversification and modification. They can also serve in teaching and research departments, health sector, public health and community development programs to make the nation healthier and prosperous.
After completion of this program the graduates will be able to:
- Identify and classify food for its physiological role in the body.
- Develop analytical, creative, innovative ideas for nutritional and health science skills.
- Solve problems in the fields of nutrition independently or collaboratively. Apply practical nutrition-based knowledge to achieve advance therapeutic and clinical techniques.
- Demonstrate how food intake and dietary requirements can be altered by illness, and how to apply therapeutic diets to treat disease.
- Apply community dietetic services and create awareness about appropriate diets for specific clinical conditions to children, adults, women and especially to vulnerable groups and in emergency situations as well.
Our program structure is divided up into core courses, foundation courses, elective and public health & community-based courses to complete the degree of Dietetics and Nutritional Sciences. Module has been oriented to develop skills for clinical, community and public health services.
In teaching, objective oriented and practical based methodology is adopted. Highly qualified teachers are motivated to deliver research-based knowledge. State of the art lecture rooms and labs are equipped with modern tools of learning. Lectures are delivered with special focus on clinical perspectives. Different teaching methodologies including assignments, presentations, quizzes, seminars, group discussions and activities (lab-based work, hospital rotations, public health and community services) are followed. Classes are conducted from Monday to Friday. Each subject is covered by thirty to thirty-two lectures and around 2-4 hours of teaching per week depending upon respective credit hours. Final year, especially, 10th semester is dedicated for hospital rotations so students can apply the learned skills on practical level. During hospital internship, interactions with patients also encourage students to boost their confidence. Furthermore, following important considerations are;
- Each and every class will be coordinated by the staff.
- Every training session is examined by the consultative body consultants & graded accordingly.
- Attendance percentage of the students should be at least 75% in each course during a semester.
- The quality assurance department monitors the program components as per the scheme of the study.
Mainly evaluation will be concluded by extensive monitoring of written examination and course work completion along with routine quizzes, individual assignments, presentations, group tasks and projects about tackling life style and diet related issues at individual as well as community level.
The minimum duration for completion of a BS degree is five years. HEC allows a maximum period of seven years to complete bachelor’s degree requirements.
Basic criteria for the admission in this program are given bellow
- Intermediate (Pre-Medical) with minimum 50% marks
- Equivalent qualification with minimum 50% marks (Intermediate Pre-Agriculture, DAE Food Technology, A level)
Graduates will find suitable jobs in both public and private sector organizations inside and outside the country as under to name a few:
- Public Health Departments
- Teaching and Research Institutions
- Non-governmental Organizations
- Community (Nutrition) Development Programs
- Punjab Food Authority
- Multinational Companies
- Independent Private Practice
- Food Industries
- Consultant for Private Companies
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Hospitality industry
- Consultant in Private Hospitals
- Health Care Centers
- Public health departments in Middle East, Europe, USA etc.
- Independent Private Practice as Registered Dietitians
- International Organizations e.g., UNICEF, FAO, WHO, World Bank etc.
Helping you find the right career
We have the facilities of devoted career counselors who help you to select your career choices and assist you in preparing for various recruitment programs. You can also be a part of career fest programs which are an interactive session with the recruiters so, you can understand their requirements and recruitment criteria.
The University of Chenab Department of Allied Health Sciences Fee Structure Fall 2022
Bachelor of Science in Dietetics and Nutritional Sciences BDNS
|Courses||CrdHrs||Tuition Fee/CrdHr||Tuition Fee/Semester||Enrollment Fee (500 per Course)||Examination Fee (500 per Course)||Medical Diagnostic Charges (500 per Semester||Societies & Club Fee(2500 per Semester)||Total Fee For Semester|
Total Semesters Fee
Registration Fee (payable once – Non Refundable)
Peaceful ambience, agile teaching as well as non-teaching staff, and a disciplined yet enjoyable and motivating atmosphere. Welcome to the University of Chenab. We produce professionals who are adept in their disciplines. Our institution is not only concerned with grades and education, but also take care of mental well-being of our students.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab represents excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creativity and engagement. Its mission is to produce professionals outfitted with the highest standards in creativity, transfer and application of knowledge dissemination to address issues of our time.
The UChenab sculpts its graduates to become future leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and to advance ideas that benefit the world.
The University of Chenab
The University of Chenab, Gujrat aspires to become a nationally and internationally recognized university that distinguishes itself as an embedding center for outstanding ethical and moral values, teaching quality, learning outcomes, and richness of the student experience.
The University of Chenab, Gujrat envisions a transformative impact on society through its continual innovation in education, creativity, research, and entrepreneurship.
- Visit (Website link admission tab) and search your respective course and department on this website.
- Check the admission criteria and learn about the eligibility criteria of your selected course.
- If you are confused about the fee structure visit our fee guide at (link)
- To search more about the campus and studies visit other events and tabs to learn about the latest news and events.
- Still if there are any ambiguities then contact our admission office.
- Search the page and select your course scroll to the menu and click on and option ‘Apply.’
- Fill the online application form with the required attachments.
- After the form is submitted then you’ll receive a confirmation email. Confirm your application which is then processed forward.
- After the acceptance of the online registration a date and time is allocated for an in-campus test.
- You must bring your original attested documents on your test day.
Results And Enrolment
- After sometimes the results are out so constantly check your email for the notification.
- Visit the campus for enrolment.
- After the enrolment attend your orientation day as it is an interactive session among students and the faculty.
- Then, receive your timetable.
- Finally, start a new step of your carrier.